Guidelines for lodging complaints
- Complaint should be specific with relevant details.
- Correct name and address are mandatory for processing the complaints.
- No correspondence shall be entertained on the subject after lodging the complaint.
- In case it is found that complaint was false and harassment of officials has been caused, action may be taken against the complainant.
- The anonymous/pseudonymous complaints will not be processed, in case of lack of verifiable facts and approval of CVC is not obtained.
- The complaint having vigilance angle shall only be examined. the vigilance angle comprises of misuse of official position, demand and acceptance of illegal gratification, case of misappropriation / forgery or cheating, gross and willful negligence, blatant violation of laid down systems and procedures, reckless exercise of discretion, delay in processing the case, etc.
- Further, if a complainant wishes to keep his identity secret/confidential, there is a provision to lodge a complaint under PIDPI resolution to CVC. For further details/guidelines for lodging a PIDPI complaint, please visit CVC website : https://www.cvc.gov.in/?q=citizens-corner/whistle-blower-complaints.